Tuesday, February 9, 2010

SNOW


I feel like the world is coming to an end-soon. Stores are filled with folks manically shopping for food-any food. The check out lines are mega long. Shelves are, in some cases , bare.
WTF...
I grew up loving snow=the more, the merrier. I did not fear it. I did not panic. I played in it until I was frozen. Now-a-days folks treat snow like it is some terrible , toxic mystery. A force that could kill you if you look it's way for too long. Not the stuff of snow cones, snow balls and snow forts.
I sound silly but doesn't everyone have food in their home? Is anyone really in danger of starving if we get a little snow? Is peril only a snow flake away?
Silly, silly, silly people.
I am going to work tomorrow . I'll be the one wearing boots and warm, comfortable clothes. I'll have a thermos of warm tea in my bag and there will be a big smile on my face.I have not written my will -just in case I perish - and I do not understand how we all became such wimps when it comes to a little bit of snow.
P.S. One other thing: there has been such an over abundance of salt spread everywhere this past week that you see it's dust in car head lights at night and can actually TASTE it's presence in the air if you are unlucky enough to open your mouth to speak. What an over reaction to some frozen water........

No comments:

Post a Comment