Saturday, August 15, 2009




Dinner on the 4th floor in summer often includes salad. The salad itself includes all sorts of things & to keep from getting bored I mix something different up each evening. Usually there are some greens & there always is some sort of nut:walnut, pine nut or sunflower seeds are favorites. As my husband has a sweet tooth, I  often add either raisins or cranberries. Lately I have been inspired by the simple bean salads of our local diner "Shalimar" . I have been putting a can of Goya beans into a large Ball canning jar, adding spices, vinegar (organic cider or balsamic) , some garlic powder, good olive oil, freshly crushed pepper and some well diced onions , then toss and set in the frig. to marinate. I use this as my salad dressing, spooning 2-3 tablespoons of the mixture on top of each salad. YUM. 

No comments:

Post a Comment